Looking for some stunning Cricut Leather Projects to whip up? In our list below you will find some beautiful Cricut Explore Air 2 and Cricut Maker leather projects to create.
I just developed a slight addiction to working with luxurious thick leather for projects. There is something super satisfying about cutting something special and creating something new from it.
Not only that, but it always feels like a more special gift when you gift something that has been made from leather.
Fortunately, leather projects with Cricut machines are super easy and you can also whip up leather items with either the Cricut Explore Air 2 or the Cricut Maker. But before we head into the projects, let's just have a good look at some Cricut leather basics.
Cricut Leather Products:
Cricut has a fabulous range of leather-based products on the market. Which makes it really easy for you to get your hands on some.
Of course, you could expand past these and work with other leathers, but if this is your first leather project, it might be easier to stick with materials that we know will definitely work with the Cricut cutting machines.
Here is Cricut's current range of leather products:
- They have 5 fabulous colors available in the Cricut Genuine Leather range.
- There are 4 beautiful soft colors available in the Cricut Soft Metallic Leather range.
- There is a Cricut Faux Leather Sample Pack
- A Cricut Genuine Leather for Small Projects Pack
Cutting Cricut Leather:
Image Credit: Cricut
Now, you can cut any of these leathers from Cricut with either your Cricut Explore Air 2 or your Cricut Maker machine. Here are some guidelines on how to cut the different types of leather.
- Cricut Genuine Leather: We have a full post on cutting Cricut Genuine Leather here, but if you are after quick instructions this might help. Genuine Leather should be cut face down on the StrongGrip mat. You should move the white star wheels out of the way and cut with the Deep-Point blade.
- Cricut Faux Leather: Faux leather should be cut face down on a StandardGrip mat. Use the Fine-Point blade and select Faux Leather (Paper Thin) as the material from your list or dial.
- Cricut Metallic Leather: Metallic Leather should be cut face down on the StrongGrip mat. Move the starwheels to the right and use the Deep-Point Blade.
DIY Cricut Leather Projects From Around the Web
Find 5 fabulous leather Cricut projects that you can make with your cutting machine. Included are some Cricut faux leather projects for the Cricut Maker and Explore Air 2, as well as some genuine leather projects. However, you can easily use either or depending on your personal preferences.
We love sharing some inspiration from all of our favorite craft bloggers, so we hope you enjoy our listicle today.
1. Gorgeous Faux Leather Earrings with Cricut Explore Air 2
If you want some gorgeous-looking leather earrings, our Design Team member Sandra created these stunning earrings for a gift using her Cricut Explore Air 2.
Learn to create these for yourself or a loved one by following the full tutorial on our blog post. We even share the FREE SVG files with you so it is as easy as 1-2-3!
2. Genuine Leather Wallet with Cricut Maker
I whipped up this genuine leather wallet for my daughter because she received some birthday money and we realized she didn't have a wallet!! The wallet is super easy as no stitching or fancy closures are required.
3. DIY Leather Cord Keepers
Looking for a super functional gift idea? How cool are these monogrammed leather cord keepers? Not only can you find instructions on how to create the cord keepers but you will also learn how to apply heat transfer vinyl as well.
We travel a lot and I can see this being brilliant for those who travel on a regular basis. Great way to keep things organised!
4. DIY Envelope-Style Leather Wallet
Who doesn't love a leather wallet? These wallets are a bit more complex in comparison to our simply fold one mentioned above, but it is also a little more practical as a result.
Stephanie also has a recommended leather tool kit in her tutorial that will help you to make your holes in the leather. You can grab the full tutorial on the Crafting In The Rain website here.
5. DIY Leather Vase Wrap
How about turning those boring glass flower vases into a statement piece? These beautiful flower wraps are a fantastic idea! Grab the full tutorial on the Dukes and Duchesses website.
6. DIY Cricut Faux Leather Triangle Earrings
These gorgeous faux leather earrings by Kiss My Tulle is just super elegant. They would make a lovely gift for a friend or family member. You can grab the full tutorial on how to whip these up here.
And there you have some fabulous ideas on what to create with your piece of leather. Some beautiful genuine and faux leather Cricut projects for you to recreate.
We would love to know which of these crafts you might like to try out. Please leave us a comment below and tell us all about it.