When you choose to invest a bit of money into craft tools and supplies, you really want to ensure that you are purchasing the newest and latest. Especially when you are purchasing something that focuses on technology.
So what is the newest silhouette machine 2019 has to offer? Here is your answer!
Let’s dive right into our topic for the day, I will also provide you with a super quick summary of the latest Silhouette Machine as well.
What is the Newest Silhouette Machine 2019
Find below info on the latest Silhouette machines, as well as the newest Silhouette products.
What is the Newest Silhouette Cameo machine?
The Silhouette Cameo 3 is Silhouette’s newest craft machine for DIY projects. Whilst the Cameo 3 was released back in August 2016, it still one of the best selling cutting machines in 2019.
This Silhouette cutting machine comes with a range of brilliant features and can cut over 100+ different types of materials.
In 2018, the newest Cameo 3 was released in a lovely nice range of colors. Click here to see if Amazon has any of these fun new colors in stock. Typically you can find these in bundle deals, instead of as stand-alone machines. Click here to see our favorite Cameo 3 Silhouette bundles.
I’m sure that it won’t be long until we see the release of Cameo 4, but thus far there is still no official Silhouette Cameo 4 release date yet. There are whispers amongst the crafting community, but no official press releases about the possibility of a Cameo 4 has been released yet.
You can read more about this popular machine further down in the post. If you are interested, you can read our full Silhouette Cameo 3 Review here.
Newest Silhouette Printer 2019
The only notable release by Silhouette in 2019 was the 3D Printer: 3D Alta Printer. This printer is pretty futuristic! The Silhouette Alta is a 3D desktop printer, so gone are the days of printing on paper, now you can print 3D vases and so much more!!
New Silhouette Products 2019
Other Silhouette products that were released in 2018 are:
- A new Craft blade along with stronghold mats for both Silhouette CAMEO and Silhouette Portrait – these are designed to cut thicker material such as felt and leather.
- A new pink tool kit
- A pink light tote for the CAMEO 3
- A new dust cover for the Portrait 2
- A new Silkscreen starter kit
- A doming starter kit
- An epoxy resin set
- New vinyl colors and textures
Silhouette Cameo 3: A Quick Summary
Before we jump into a bit of a summary about this best selling cutting machine, here is a quick video by Silhouette when they released the Cameo 3 back in 2016.
The Silhouette Cameo 3 is the ultimate DIY cutting machine. It is a formidable contender to the Cricut Explore Air 2 and a great step up from the popular Cameo 2.
The Cameo Silhouette 3 includes all of our favorite features of the Cameo 2 but comes with the bonus of dual carriages, Bluetooth functionality as well as some upgrades to the Silhouette studio.
The Cameo 3 Silhouette has the ability to draw and cut on over 100 different types of material and we love that it can cut material that has a width of up to 12 inches by a crazy 10 feet long.
We love our Cameo 3 and it is one of the best selling machines from our affiliate links on our website as well.
Here is a look at what this machine can do:
Out of the box, the Silhouette CAMEO® comes with the following:
- Silhouette CAMEO® cutting machine
- Silhouette Studio® software
- Power cable and USB cable
- 12″ Cutting Mat
- AutoBlade cutting blade
- One-month Basic Subscription to the Silhouette Design Store
- 100 FREE digital designs
Features of the new Silhouette CAMEO® 3:
- Dual-carriage for multi-tool use
- Higher 2-mm clearance
- Bluetooth compatibility
- AutoBlade and the Deep-Cut Blade compatibility
- Barcode scanning feature for repeated cut jobs
- Push-release blade holders
- Adjustable slider bars to accommodate various media sizes
- 12″ cutting width
- Crosscutter on back of unit for cutting materials fed directly from a roll
- Silhouette roll-feeder compatibility
- Built-in optical scanner for Print & Cut applications
- PixScan™ technology compatibility
- Full-color LCD touch-screen with mini tutorials for easy navigation and use
- USB port for reading and cutting saved files directly
- Blade and tool storage compartments
- Power-saving sleep mode
- PC and Mac compatibility
- Lightweight body
- Matless cutting capability
- Fiberglass-reinforced synchronization belt to keep cuts precise
- Guide marks emphasized in Silhouette blue for easier visual alignment of mat and materials during loading
- Access to the Silhouette Design Store, a marketplace of nearly 100,000 ready-made designs
Here is a look at how you can use this Silhouette cutter machine with vinyl and t-shirt transfers:
We love this machine and truly believe that it is a brilliant buy! It is much cheaper than the Cricut Maker (which is fabulous for fabric but offers very similar capabilities.
And lastly, if you want to see how the machine stacks up against other vinyl cutting machines, you can see our vinyl cutter machine listicle and comparison chart here.
We hope you enjoyed our “Silhouette’s new machine 2019 guide” blog post.
Till next time, Sam xx